Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Decorating with Dark Grey Walls



A deep, earthy grey is chic and sophisticated.  It's a daring colour for walls, but the effect is impressively dramatic.



Black and white photography looks amazing against a charcoal background.  The sharp contrast responds beautifully to direct sunlight.



Rich, grey cabinets soften the stark elements of a classic white kitchen.  Cararra marble adeptly unifies the strong colour palette.



When a space is layered in shades of grey, lighter wood tones and gold accents help create a warm and inviting atmosphere.



Dark grey adds a masculine feeling to a library.  Shimmering window treatments and a light and luxurious area rug successfully balance the space.



A traditional dining room becomes edgy and elegant when deep, sultry grey is mixed with creamy neutrals.  Glistening glassware and an over sized mirror naturally reflect light throughout the space.



Sparkling accents and glossy white finishes create instant glam when paired with a wallpaper inspired by men's suiting fabric.



Painting walls in such an intense colour isn't a choice I'd typically consider.  But, for those who love a space with undeniable presence and style, dark grey makes a powerful statement.  It's an enticing option...

Are you tempted to go bold in your home?

16 Reader Comment(s):

The enchanted home said...

Love dark gray..its so rich and elegant and dramatic, the kitchen is stunning too. This entire post does dark gray wonderful sweet justice!

Lizabeth said...

These are all very classy examples! I love the dining room the most! I could only go with such intense deep tones if I had large rooms or really tall ceilings.

Carol said...

I love color and I don't think I will ever change, but the bathroom and especially the kitchen were very nice , love the back splash in that kitchen...but still I don't think I could resist popping in some color.

designchic said...

I was just with my daughter today who was talking about painting her master bedroom gray...beautiful inspiration!!

Sarah at Finishing Touch Interiors said...

I am really loving dark grey at the moment especially against white white& more white it just looks so more inviting & sophisticated than black. I am seriously considering opting for grey with my lounge. Its not a colour I ever thought I would choose but teamed with a metallic grey wallpaper would look stunning. I also really like the mix of they grey& white kitchen cabinets

Jessie said...

All these are such stunning and elegant images! The black and white bedroom is my favorite, it's totally my style. These bold walls are tempting but it doesn't work in any houses unless a home has abundance of natural lighting. Good inspirational post! By the way, I post a home tour with dark gray walls, too, how funny! :)

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Classic Style Blog said...

first time im here..and im in heaven..loooove your pictures..and this post with black and grey..soo classic dramatic..woaw congratulation to a beautiful blog / Im your newest follower /Marie

sjmudryk said...

Wendi, this may just be my most favourite of all your postings. Grey can be very over-powering, but the white accents just pop and make it look so fresh. I couldn't even pick a favourite room - I love them all. I also love the rooms you picked because when I personally think of monochromatic rooms, I think of a style that can be very cold and futuristic-looking. You picked images that created a warm, modern, and glamorous look.

I love your blog.
I love grey (except in my hair!)

This was a perfect pairing :)

Serena said...

This design is so elegant and sophisticated! It is a really relaxing shade... love it! Hey, do you know Sige Gold and its furniture? It's an italian company and I think you'll love it. Really.
Let me know.

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Serena-
I'm not familiar with Sige Gold, but, I'll definitely check out their website. Thank you for your comment!
Sorry for not replying privately, but your name doesn't link to any contact information.

Connie Nji said...

Hi Wendi,
I LOVE grey walls and have been going back and forth about doing my bedroom in black and not sure whether to do the living room in a dark or light grey.
I love the grey in the bedroom and the that of the living room also. Any close as to what colors those are exactly?

Connie Nji said...

I meant to write any "CLUES" not close, lol

Pam Blanton said...

I am redecorating my children's bathroom. They want zebra stripe with a hint of pink. I have tried the pink for the wall color and I just didn't like it. I am now thinking a dark grey for the wall color with black, white and pink accessories. Opinions are welcome. Let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Definitly dark grey walls with a natural zebra rug(actually calf skin, I think)and black and white zebra pillows and accents with some pink or small print maybe Toile looking fabric in pink and white and linens for bed and curtains with black or dark grey trim. You will love what the paint does to the walls. so clean with the white trim....

Sun Goog said...

Wow That is absolutely awesome .... It's such a pretty home decorative accessories.

gypsysoul said...

Can you tell us what the name of the dark grey paint is in the bedroom? I'm working with greys right now and there is so much to choose from, but I'm looking for a totally chic grey and I love the bedroom color with the white duvet. Thanks!

Post a Comment