Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 17, 2011

Open Concept Kitchens & Dining Rooms

via Decor Pad
In response to the continued demand for open concept living, the majority of new homes are  designed with a combination kitchen/dining room.

These floor plans are tailored to a relaxed and casual lifestyle, but they can also be decorated to suit those who prefer a more chic and sophisticated design scheme.

As illustrated in the following images, a white kitchen creates a wonderful backdrop for an elegant dining space.  Its classic aesthetic is conducive to a more formal setting, and makes the flow of the room appear naturally seamless.

Stacy Curran - South Shore Decorating
via Archzine
via Home Decorating and Staging
via Decor Pad
Kendall Wilkinson
via House Beautiful
via Conspicuous Style Interior Design Blog
via The Enchanted Home
via Suburban Style and Design
My Home
A simple, classic white kitchen and an adjoining dining space can be designed to function beautifully from morning coffee through to after-dinner drinks.

Create an environment that best suits your lifestyle, and transform your open concept space into the perfect setting for a well-lived life.


14 Reader Comment(s):

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Wendy, I am in love the first picture. I believe it is designed by Windsor Smith. Great examples of open floor plans. I also love Stacy kitchen and yours. Its fun to see our blogger's work!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I LOVE white kitchens and the open design and have one of my own. Your kitchen is lovely. Thanks for sharing!

designchic said...

I love a white kitchen and these are beautiful examples. The first one...fabulous!!

Carolyn@SweetChaos said...

I spy several of my all-time favorite kitchens in this post! I look forward to someday having a white kitchen... so classic and serene. Yours is beautiful :)

Tatiana Doria said...

This is a very common way of designing kitchens in the US, and I just love it, specially with these wonderful kitchens you show us.
In Spain people are not so fond of it. They always have the kitchen separated from the dinning room, or they have a table in the kitchen but never the formal dinning room.
And I think, with this suggestion we could get rid of the dinning room and create single space like the ones you show us.

Decorating with Cents said...

I like Decor Pad, it has a certain chic coziness about it, especially the window treatment. I use to think white was boring... boy was I wrong. Wendi thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog.

Stacy Curran said...

I was studyong the first phoho for so long that I almost missed that you posted my kitchen, too. Thank you so much, although I'm not sure it's up to par with the others! Really huge honor....thank you Wendi!
Stacy

Stacy Curran said...

Wendi, i meant to say this above, but your kitchen is stunning....I've never seen a chandelier quite like the one over your island...it's a show stopper!
Stacy

Ivy Clad said...

Wendi, I love your kitchen! So bright and open. A pretty and practical post since so many of us have eat-in kitchens.

-Keri

eclecticrevisited said...

love an open floor plan that allows easy access from one room to the other, especially with dining and kitchen spaces...we're a much more casual society and like our meal planning and dining to be all part of the entertaining experience..
fabulous post...
best,
maureen

Sarah at Finishing Touch Interiors said...

These are beautiful images i am a big fan of open plan living especially when entertaining having an open kitchen dinning area who wants to be shut in the kitchen when you have guests or even when the kids are about playing & doing homework & these gorgeous spaces say it all

Jessie said...

Love your collection of gorgeous kitchen inspirations! I will never get tired of an open concept room and white kitchens! Your kitchen is lovely, by the way! Thank you for your well wishes, I really appreciate it. :)

By the way, I am hosting a fabulous giveaway. Come by and enter for a chance to win a stylish travel bag (worth $75) by Scout when you get a chance, Wendi! Don't miss out!

Have a great week!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

classic • casual • home said...

You kitchen is gorgeous. Love the heart of the home.

Carol said...

Your kitchen fits right in w/ the pro, Wendi and I figured out what went wrong,I forgot to sign in.... I love he 4rth 5th and 6th ones

Post a Comment