Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ideas for Decorating a Stunning Christmas Staircase

(via Better Homes and Gardens)

A staircase, elegantly dressed in sweeping lengths of garland, is a time-honored Christmas tradition.

Styles can vary from simple displays of gorgeous greenery to more elaborate swags, embellished with sparkling lights, charming ornaments and lavish bows.

(via Better Homes and Gardens)
(via Traditional Home)
(via Better Homes and Gardens)
(via Folder-of-Ideas Blog)
(via Better Homes and Gardens)
(Anette Beshar)
(via At-Home-Arkansas)
(Eddie Ross)

Create a warm and welcoming environment for your friends and family this holiday season by decorating your staircase in a style that perfectly reflects your image of a Bright and Beautiful Christmas.



22 Reader Comment(s):

The enchanted home said...

Hi Wendi, such a beautiful post...makes me so in the mood to go decorate a banister!! I can't wait to be 'home" so I can start decorating...I LOVE decorating for Christmas and my hands are tied....beautiful examples!

Ivy Clad said...

Gorgeous banisters! My stairway is toward the back of my house and not visible from mose of the main rooms and I've been weighing whether I should decorate it at all. Now I think I will-- this has given me a lot of great ideas.

-Keri

Designed by Nature said...

I love a staircase all decked out for Christmas! Thanks for so many great ideas, Wendi, and for another beautiful post!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Wendi, these are all so pretty!! Very festive and welcoming!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Suzy said...

All of them are so yummy! Wonderful inspiration! Take care.

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Just the inspiration I needed Wendi! Beautiful!~

Lizabeth said...

Boy those are all gorgeous! I wish I had a beautiful stairwell to decorate like that!
I love the No.2 picture so much... just beautiful!

eclecticrevisited said...

gorgeous Christmas decorating ideas..
have always loved greenery trailing down a staircase..
best,
maureen

Annie H. said...

That At home Arkansas picture is so beautiful. Love all the wonderful ideas.

Kathysue said...

Wendi so many lovely examples here. This is the one time of year I wish I had stairs, but only to decorate not to climb, hehe, Happy Wednesday,
Kathysue

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

My favorite is the Better Homes image with the simple greenery and bows. So lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Karena said...

Wendi you have shown some gorgeous examples ...I love the simply elegant look from Better Homes!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

They're all so gorgeous!! I love a simply decorated staircase best I must say. Just a lot of fresh garland and a few simple bows.

Jessie said...

So many gorgeous examples on how to decorate a staircase! Love these!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Stacy Curran said...

All beautiful. I would love to incorporate some pink into my home like in the BHG image - just gorgeous!
Stacy

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

So pretty Wendy. Garland on stairs is so beautiful.

Sherry said...

Wendi, These are all so lovely thanks for the inspiration.

PMD Design Inspirations said...

Great inspiration for holiday decorating. I especially love the magnolia leaves in the garland by Eddie Ross.

Cheers P.

Barbara@HausDesign said...

Such a beautiful post! My favorite was the Traditional Home one with the alcove and angel...so enchanting!

Marcus Design said...

Ooh, I love them all Wendi! But I think I'll take number 4 down please :)))

Bet the smell is pretty divine too :)
Nancy xo

barbara@hodge:podge said...

One day I want my staircase to look like those! Fabulous images!

Spiral Staircases said...

So simple but yet so sweet. I think the candels going up the stairs looks amazing and maybe a little romantic.

Post a Comment