Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Home Organization: Lovely Linen Closets

(via Katie-Lange)
LINEN CLOSETS filled with bulky items like towels and bedding can be a challenge to keep neat and tidy.

Wire racks and dividers maximize the full height of stationary shelving and help keep linens organized.
(via Closets Design)
Store like items together, and add labels to ensure fresh laundry is placed back in its proper location.
(Source Unknown)
To increase storage space, hang multi-compartment organizers on the inside of the closet door, or install rods to house large towels or table linens.
(via House to Home UK)
Baskets are perfect for storing extra toiletries and cleaning supplies.  A folding hamper helps keep soiled laundry off the floor and out of sight.
(via Planning-Makes-Perfect)
Contain sheet sets by wrapping the pillowcases around the flat and fitted sheets, or secure with a wide, decorative ribbon. Organize bedding and towels by size and colour to keep your linen closet looking neat and pretty.
(via Rural-Socialite)
Canvas containers are ideal for sorting items by type and function.  Slip dryer sheets in between folded articles to keep linens smelling fresh and clean.
(via Organizing-Made-Fun)
Another clever way to store bedding is to place each sheet set inside a matching pillowcase. This method also helps reduce wrinkles, which means less work on bed changing day!
(Taylor Harkins)
I hope these tips and tricks help you to create your own PERFECTLY ORGANIZED Linen Closet!


12 Reader Comment(s):

The enchanted home said...

Love this post..and its just the inspiration I need as I prepare to make the big move. I am determined to have very organized closets including my linen closet! Such good ideas here...I love the tip about putting sheets sets inside a pillow case, a friend of mine does that and it looks so neat and orderly and eiminates the chance of mismatched sheets sets! Great post Wendi.

Anonymous said...

Love love love these ideas! Just the inspiration I need to get my linen closet organized. Thanks for sharing!!!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I am drooling over the fabulous organization in those closets. I would love to adopt some of these ideas. I need to find those wire shelves that help to keep things organized. I'm feeling inspired!!

classic • casual • home said...

All I can say is WOW!!! I have started keeping all the towels in each bathroom and the extra bed linens to each bedroom stored in each bedroom...keeps it separated and pretty simple.

Sara said...

I have to agree with Carol about the drooling. I'd write more, but I have a linen closet to reorganize.

Designed by Nature said...

Great tips and beautiful examples, Wendi!! I've seen pictures of your own perfect linen closet...you should have included them in your post!!

michele said...

thanks for stopping, wendi!

omg i love that ticking fabric or wallpaper in the 3rd image. it's so fresh and charming. and thx for that tip that i always forget about keeping sheets inside the pillow case! so simple but so so helpful.

smiles.

michele

Travis said...

Wonderful ideas! I wish I had the resolve for some of that!

Travis

http://travis-wellappointedhome.blogspot.com/

Kathysue said...

Wendi, this is the one area that I actually have never had a problem keeping neat and tidy. It is so simple to me because they are all the same or like items. I fold my sets of sheets and place the fitted and pillow cases inside the fold of the flat sheet. It is a nice bundle. I have a fettish for stacks of white fluffy towels so that is what I have, all white with a monogram in a soft sand color. Nothing prettier than an organized linen closet!! all great ideas in this post!! I am still in my closet purging away, tomorrow I attack the shoes and purses, wish me luck and determination, I will need it!! xo Kathysue

Carolyn@SweetChaos said...

Wendi... did you sneak in my house and photograph my linen closet, because it looks just like these... NOT! But, it will soon. I'm in major organization mode, so thanks for the inspiration :)

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Wendi,
You should see my house! With my daughter in transition and just getting married things are crazy. I think Macy boxes have taken over my home. I don't know where to start. I think I need the professionals!

eclecticrevisited.com said...

I have a thing about a well organized linen closet...the world could be coming to an end and I will insist that my linen closets be organized for the epic event!!!..
I will NOT have sloppy sheets and tattered towels in my closets if it kills me...
fabulous inspiration in these lovely pics...
best,
maureen

Post a Comment