Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Benjamin Moore's Best Beige Paint Colours

Benjamin Moore HC-79 Greenbrier Beige ~ Jane Lockhart interior Design

I love the warmth and beauty that beige brings to a design scheme.  The perfect beige creates an inviting glow in a room.  When chosen wisely, beige is anything but boring!

Here are just a few of my favorite beige paint colours from Benjamin Moore with green or red undertones:

Greenbrier Beige is a mid-toned neutral with a subtle green undertone.  It looks amazing with dark floors and white trim.

..........



Shaker Beige is another mid-toned neutral.  It has an equal balance of grey, green and red undertones, and reads like a "true" beige.  Shaker Beige is a BM favorite.

..........



Grant Beige is a grey based beige with a slight green undertone.  This colour appears much warmer in a south facing room or under incandescent lighting.

..........



Clay Beige is a light-toned neutral with green and red undertones.  It looks beautiful with browns and blues.

..........



Muslin is a luminous, grey-based beige with red undertones.  It looks lovely in a room with cherry or mahogany wood and silver accents.

..........

It's important to consider what colours already exist in your furnishings and flooring when choosing a neutral paint colour.  Lighting can also influence how the colour will look in your room.

If you want to create a soft and sophisticated atmosphere, these tried and true BM paint colours are a great place to start!

PS ~ Sorry for the looooong absence, and a big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful readers who've been checking in on me! It's great to be back!

~ Wendi ~ xo

24 Reader Comment(s):

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for a beige paint for my family room. Your post has inspired me! I think I'm now leaning towards Shaker Beige. Thanks for the post!

The enchanted home said...

Great post! I used shaker beige in my sons old bedroom, and it was a great warm tan/beige. Fun post...was thinking of you the other day. Hope all is well!

Designed by Nature said...

Sooooo happy to see you blogging again, Wendi!! I like the warmth of beige, too. My bedroom is painted in Benjamin Moore Brandy Cream (1030). It's a soft beige that changes tones throughout the day. I hope you do more posts like this one. I need help reading the undertones in beiges and I've made a few baaaaad choices in the past!!
Beautiful post, as always!!
- Bunny xox

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Wendy...so glad your blogging .....miss reading your post! My client just showed me that first image for her home....thanks for the paint color!

Barbara said...

Wendi what a great post explining the different tones beige can have. Beige is simply not just beige. Thank you for stopping by earleir...I may need something like this to get me to the right green I am going to need for my bedroom project.
Have a wonderful weekend.
XO Barbara

Ivy Clad said...

Hi Wendi! So very nice to see you back. I really like Muslin. I want to reprint my kitchen this spring, so this is a really timely post for me. I hope you're doing well. You are in my thoughts regularly.

Love,
Keri

Anonymous said...

I always use Benjamin Moore paints and I've used clay beige and shaker beige before. Both great colors. Thanks for this post. Very informative.

Infuse With Liz said...

Hi Wendi- we're looking to change our living room color. This post is in line with what we want to do! I used BM Huntington Beige in the kitchen area and have been considering using it in our living rom. I do need something that has some green undertones. I'm going to check out the greenbrier beige too!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love the Muslin color! I've never noticed that one before. I'll have to bookmark this post when I get ready to paint my son's room. I've been concentrating on grays so much lately that I'm getting out of touch with tans! I hope you're doing well!

Kathysue said...

Great line-up Wendi, this post will be very helpful to those trying to find the perfect beige for their home,
Kathysue

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

I love the grant beige! Perfect color for me.
Than you for sharing, Wendi!
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

Amy@eatsleepdecorate said...

These are fabulous paint colors! I have Shaker Beige in one of our rental properties and it warms the room right up! I am going to pin the heck out of this post! Thanks for sharing!

Jeny said...

Thanks for the sharing information about the painting colour ideas. It is very help full for me.

Betty d said...

I plan on using Shaker Beige in my b/r. It has olive colored drapes along with olive, burgundy, grays, golds in the bedspread. Carpeting is pinky beige. I need help with a trim color that won't clash with anything ? Linen White perhaps ????

iresonate said...


I finally chose clay beige for my basement family room. I have a very white with gray undertone ceiling and cherry floors. I am having a hard time choosing a white trim color. I know clay beige has cool undertones. I have a beautiful carpet from Lowe's called Paisley Park, with dark brown, clay beige, grass green and teal. The only thing holding up the painting is the white for the doors and trim! HELP, please!

Streamline Painting said...

Beautiful home and good choice of paint colors :) We have done a lot of interior painting using Benjamin Moore Beige.

Vacant Interiors said...

Natural colors like beige create neutral, classic effect and sets calm mood.

Carol Colon-Neely said...

I am thinking of painting my condo BM Muslin for the walls. Now for the trims, would white dove go well or do you have another suggestion? Your advise is much appreciated.

Carol Colon-Neely said...

I am thinking about painting my condo BM Muslin. As for the trims I am thinking about BM white dove. Does these two colors go well or do you have another suggestion?

Anonymous said...

I want to paint my familyroom shaker beige or muslin but it don't get alot of light. I don't want it to look dark in there. Which beige do you suggest from Ben more and what trim

Angela Rucker said...

Hello, I have a bathroom thats small with beige and light brownish tile. I don't have alot of light
and my tub is older and its almond. I wnated to paint my bathroom a really pretty crisp clean
tan color not to dark and not to lite. I want it to be a really neutral color. I wanted to mix choc.
and lime or some sort of green with it. But, maybe do a khacki and white shower curtain. Do you have any
suggestions. I'm looking at Shaker Beige but I see somewhat of a little red in it but this is only a swatch
i painted a small portion on my wall. If you have any other suggestions pls send asap, need to get on this
project fast.

Anonymous said...

would muslin color go with white pine wainscoting in basement. the white pine is yellow/orange ceiling white tiles and rung multi brown tan thanks

Painting Tips said...

Great post! Been reading a lot about choosing paint colors for my house. Thanks for the info!

Painting my Home said...

Great post! Been reading a lot about painting my home. Thanks for the info here!

Post a Comment